Forward - Texas Fort Worth!

Forward - Texas Forth Worth!

Tuesday, March 31, 2015

I Truly Know That My Redeemer Lives

Morning!!

This week was really awesome!! I feel like this area has so much potential and we were able to see that this week!! The neatest thing happened:) We were going through our formers last week, and stopped by Wes, he told us we could come back and that he actually was just about to start reading the Book of Mormon so we went on Thursday with a member to see him and we were asking him questions about his previous experience with the missionaries and what not, but he didn't seem to understand, he said that he had just received the book 3 weeks ago which was from a member actually in the 5th ward!! We finally figured out that his dad and him have the same name, and that his father had previously taken the missionary discussions not him! He said that Brother Young had given him the Bof M and said that he would send missionaries over to share and explain more to him! The thing is, nobody ever called and told us to go over and see him!! But of course it was the spirit that did!!! Soooo awesome!! He said that he wanted to read 1 and 2 Nephi before we come this Thursday and he said "I don't really have a denomination that I attend," so we invited him to church and he said that's what he was going to ask!!! So he came to church in a suit and everything President Pratt said that he looked like a member already hahah!! He loved church and the testimonies! He said he would definitely be back next week and looks forward to seeing us Thursday!! That was the highlight of the week!! 



We were also able to see a couple part member families and they actually joined us as we shared the Because He Lives video and talked about it and set return appointment!! Delvin set a date for the 24th but didn't come to church on Sunday, we offered the YSA ward to him and he said he might try that out, so we will see what goes from here, we just thought it would still be good to have a date to work towards either way!! He really wants to be baptized he says. 

I feel like this week was really awesome for Sister B what really made my week was when Janet (Recent Convert) told her that she has never seen her this happy!! This week it felt like we were busy and working hard and we were able to be out everyday which was so wonderful and we even rode bikes and were able to share the Book of Mormon and talk to so many people! 
First day Sister B has ridden bikes in the mish!
And I feel like I'm starting to realize how I can better establish purpose with members as we teach a lot of them here and really help them to do missionary work! This area just needs some hard work and great things will come I just know it and since there's always sick sisters here it hasn't really gotten that!! I think I understand now how at MissionLeaderConference we always talked about making sure ALL the missionaries understand what we have discussed because if they don't understand, then more and more wards will be like this one. 

I have loved starting to read the bible about the Saviors last week I can't wait to continue:) I loved bearing my testimony in both wards yesterday, it helped for everyone to know my name and to know I love the gospel and I want to share:) Sometimes it's hard because I feel like I have to do a lot and I don't really know the area still or the people since it's only been a week and a half but I know Heavenly Father is helping me so I can help His children here. At least I pray that that is true!! 



Yesterday in sacrament we sang I know that my Redeemer lives, as we sang I couldn't stop the tears from running down my face as I felt the spirit so strong, I truly know that my Redeemer lives and it gives me the greatest comfort and joy that I could ever feel in my life. I know that this is the true gospel of Jesus Christ and I will be ever grateful that I have grown up with it my whole life and for this opportunity to share it these 18 months as a full time missionary as it has helped me recognize more the blessings and guidance it gives me and especially to those who I am serving!!

Hurrah for Israel!!

Sister Wells

No comments:

Post a Comment