Forward - Texas Fort Worth!

Forward - Texas Forth Worth!

Tuesday, October 6, 2015

My God Goggles

Helloooooo!

So update, things are going well, J had his baptismal interview and is getting baptized on Saturday!! Tooo excited--then we are hoping to bring him and K to the fireside on Sunday which is going to be amazing!! Wanna know why?? Because pres pratt will be sharing his testimony and the pratts leave on their mission the very next day, and bill and sophie will be sharing their testimonies too!!!!!! yayya!! and then of course pres ames will be speaking as well!! We went on exchange with decatur yay we get to go there again! I used to go on xc there when I was in Denton so I saw one of their investigators again who is like my bff and I got on him because he still wasn't living the WoW but he set a goal to be baptized for Nov 6 so hope all goes well!! Sister Cisco my mtc comp is serving there, i LOVE her so it was so good to see her!! MLC was great! And so was general conference wow it was soooo great!! Just what I needed all my questions were answered even in ways that I didn't expect! One thing that really stood out to me was the talk when Larrry R. Lawrence said to pray and ask what is keeping me from progressing? I did that, I was told that I was selfish, and I am, so I am really thinking of ways to overcome this by seeing others as God sees them, I'm calling it my God goggles (because
I like to swim haha) and if I put those on everyday then I will see people through Gods eyes!! I wish I could just say all my favorite parts from the conference but that would take forever I really look forward to reading and listening to them again:) Seriously for missionaries we base our lives off of general conference like with
time and stuff it's so funny!! I'm also excited to start ponderizing even though Devin Durrant was a mish prez in dallas....fort worth is better!! My scripture this week is Mark 8:35 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it; but whosoever shall lose his life for my sake and the gospel’s, the same shall save it. What is y'alls?!!
Charlie had this pic when I sam him this week.  The good ole days in Denton :)
Ronnie took us for a ride around her land she's a LA, deer, horses, cows and armadillos.  Living the dream!
Update on k.. she's being flakey so no news. C is good!! He is going to come to J's baptism the first baptism he said that he will ever witness!! And he told us he guessed giving up beer wouldn't be that big of a deal!! Yayy!! Oh and tori the one we gave to the ysa is getting baptized on Saturday too booya!! And she asked me to give a talk so we get to be at that one too!! Good weekend up ahead!! Sis Carbno has all her going home stuff this week, exit interview, temple trip, so sister simbeck and I will be working so hard here in Hudson Oaks while our companions prepare to depart the beloved Texas!! Stinks for them haah!! Anywho cool/funny story, yesterday we were at T's (LA) for dinner and the subject got onto the word of wisdom and for some reason I thought that she lived the wow don't ask me why because she wears a budweiser hat all the time but I thought sister carbno said that she used to have issues with that but didn't anymore... but we start talking about it and I tell her the story about how Joseph came to asking the question and got his answer in d&c 89 how him and other leaders while meeting would be having tobacco and stuff and then emma would have to clean it up after and it was grosssss so joseph asked the Lord about it and now we know the wow!! And we talked about how back then people didn't know that smoking could kill you, but we know that now!! Then I told her maybe it's the same for coffee and tea, we don't see how it could really harm us now but maybe in the future we will see!! The Lord knows a lot more than we do! Then I keep going on, because I talk a lot ya know and she states that she doesn't think substances can take over our body so we don't have self control and she said she always fights people on that about the WoW and I told her well it doesn't really matter if you believe that or not but it's a commandment from God and if we don't keep our temples clean then the spirit cannot dwell within us, she was like whoa I never thought of it like that before! and anywho it was a good convo then we start cleaning up from dinner and T is opening up these bottles and pouring them down the drain and it's not until after that sister carbno tells me that those bottles were vodka!!! haha I'm so clueless and she said that her coffee maker was right on the kitchen table too! At first I was feeling kind of bad because I must've sounded really bold!!! But hey it worked because she poured it down the drain!! Bold is good:)

Well I can't remember anything else wait actually I just did! We are starting a new thing as a mission a new BoM challenge and it is to read 20min of the BoM each day and share 1 BoM each day!! So excited!! Y'all should join us! But you don't have to share 1 BoM each day! But I challenge you to share 1 with someone before Thanksgiving!! Will you do that?!! The BoM is amazing I'm in Alma right now and loving it more than ever!! Seriously it gets better every time!! Ok love y'all! bye

Sister Wells
Isn't this pic cool??? I never saw it before!

No comments:

Post a Comment