Forward - Texas Fort Worth!

Forward - Texas Forth Worth!

Monday, July 27, 2015

Baptism, Temple, Transfer

Morning!!

This week was great on monday Janet took us to eat thai food and it was way yum and she finally decided that she would come to the temple with us and Wes on tuesday! So I say, just don't forget your temple recommend ok?? So she starts looking through her purse... fast forward 20 minutes... still looking!! So I offer to say a prayer, we pray and she says I know where it is, its in a purse at my house!!!(this woman loses EVERYTHING hah) she found it thank goodness and once again we see that God really does answer prayers:) On tuesday we had a zone lunch at the church taco tuesday at Rosas because we have the BEST zone in the world, I really miss them so much.
But after Sophie called us and said she wanted to take us to lunch haha so we went to Mod Market so good and she showed us the letters she sent to you!!:) and then she gave me a another gift and she already had given me way nice boots! She gave me some perfume which smells amaaaazing!! I always tell her you smell so good so she gave me the perfume she wears haha I love her to death!! 

But the day gets better Wes Parker and Janet Templeton went to the temple to do baptisms and confirmations for the dead! What a wonderful experience that was! They had a few different family names and lots of ward members came as well to support and brought some of their family names as well!! Sister Benson and I were baptized for some of Wes great grandmothers, and I was baptized for Janet's grandma:) it was so cool!! On our drive home wes said he really enjoyed it and he cannot wait to go back again!
We told him we would plan another trip soon because hopefully the Johnsons will want to go this next month:) I honestly cannot say how much I miss flower mound and the people there, haha and I've only been gone a few days!! I learned so much while being there and I've never felt more united with a zone before. Now that I've had that wonderful experience in flo mo I am striving to make that happen here in Weatherford, its just different but thats how transfers always are, and then I end up loving my next area too!! I know I will love it here, I already do!!

Also I had to say goodbye to Jolene and Mark and Arthur I was so sad, Mark put his hands on my shoulders and said, "you are my best friend, you and sam who lives down the street." melted my heart I love them!!!! I know sister benson will take good care of them though:)
Wednesday was transfer day, sister pratt is always in charge of the breakfast for the new missionaries so we got to help with that, and Sophie came to help too, so it was great it was like i never was going to have to say goodbye ha!!
Oh I met Brooks friend from Kanab that just got here to the mish, whats her last name?? I think that is the one sis b is training idk let me know asap!! But anywho then I got to see the Nielsons too!! It was the best morning seeing everyone:) That night we had dinner at the Spaeths, I have never been so full in my life!!! They have a huge garden and a goat farm cool huh? I like it here its more country:) Started with a squash soup, the 2 different kinds of salads, literally a full plate of rice and meat, a glass of goats milk and I'm dying at this point then basically they give me a quarter of a watermelon for dessert.... I literally could not finish it, I took two bites of the watermelon and could not take another, never had that in my life. But maybe I should have saved it for later because our apartment has no food!!! .... so i've been putting my cooking skills to the test with what we have, basically I've eaten oatmeal everyday and then pharoah(its a kind of rice grain thing), there was one egg so I made some interesting pancakes haha, and made some other oat mixture thing I even had to stoop low enough to eat ramen because that's all there was!! And they don't have dinners every night here like in flo mo. Thank goodness I can go buy some fruits and vegetables today hahahah, I'm not complaining i just think its really funny:)

We were able to see a few investigators here, one is Jerry, he has been meeting with the sisters for quite a while, we started going over the baptism interview questions with him to see what is holding him back, I really feel that he could get baptized in august, it kind of feels like the teaching really hasn't been focused on leading to his purpose so I think if we do that, it will really help. I kind of noticed that with some other investigators as well like Kelly and Savannah who came to church for the second time ever yesterday, with the spirit and with purpose driven teaching I know these people here in Weatherford can really progress. There is a lot of potential here and I'm super excited to work, work, work!!

Sister Carbno has been out a little over 15 months, she's from chicago, I'm excited to work with her, she is really sweet I hope and pray that we can push and work hard 
together this transfer to hasten the work of salvation!!

So last week I started reading the Pearl of Great Price and the Doctrine and Covenants and of course they are amazing. I am so grateful that we have so many books of scripture and also modern day revelation to read and learn from. They are true!! I can't imagine starting my day without reading from them!! They bring the spirit for the rest of the day which is exactly what I and everyone needs!! As I read in Doctrine and Covenants 15 John Whitmer wanted to know what was of the most worth to him and the Lord said, 6 And now, behold, I say unto you, that the thing which will be of the most worth unto you will be to declare repentance unto this people, that you may bring souls unto me, that you may rest with them in the kingdom of my Father. Amen.
I know that is true for me and for all of us!! Hurrah for Israel!!!

Sister Wells

P.S. Here is a story for zach, btw tell him to email me, him and syd always forget!!!! But anywho I was showing some missionaries on pday the pic of him and caiden because no joke elder clark looks like caiden so I call him my cousin and everything!! and elder cherry looks at the pic and asks is that your brother? I said yes isn't he a cutie? and he says he's going to be dangerous on his mission. hahaha not sure what thats supposed to mean but knowing elder cherry it probs because zachy is so handsome it was so funny, maybe its one of those you had to be there moments haha anywho love ya

No comments:

Post a Comment