Forward - Texas Fort Worth!

Forward - Texas Forth Worth!

Thursday, May 21, 2015

We Have To Do All We Can To Be Able To Follow the Promptings

Hi!

So I'm sorry that I didn't tell you I wouldn't be emailing on Monday!! So before I forget I will be emailing on Tuesday next week because of the holiday! And today we went to the temple! That was really really awesome some ladies in the ward took sis benson and I, and sis benson hasn't been since she's been on her mission yet so that was good too:)

At the temple!
It's been a good crazy week!! We saw Wes a few times and he is preparing to be baptized on the 6th we are so excited! He said that he doesn't crave coffee anymore and it is completely taken out of his diet!!! He said he feels so much better! He has changed so much it's so great! He came to our mission president's fireside which was perfect! We saw him yesterday and will see him again tomorrow. Yesterday I had to teach the lesson myself at the Webbs home because sis benson was feeling so sick so she stayed at home with sis pratt, it was a good lesson though he really has a true desire which before he didn't really!!

The Johnsons came to stake conference on Sunday and it was really good and they like it a lot, lots of the meeting was about family and temples and family history work, they asked the pratts lots of questions about the temple afterward and they just loved it, we are going to see them tonight at the birds home who are both converts and I think their testimonies will be so powerful for them:) They are literally right there! They just need to act, Bill just wants to read all the bible and the doctrine covenants and every single thing before he makes a decision ahh but I guess that's not a bad thing haha:)
My companion taking a selfie!   hahaha   Love her!
George came to church Sunday as well and to the fireside that evening! If you don't remember he is the one we met on the doorstep and he said he would be baptized!!:) We are trying to get him to the ysa but I don't know the elders are being weird so we just brought him with us! He is so solid!! When I'm talking to him I'm just dying he said he wants to be baptized, no ifs, ands or buts and he is studying the Book of Mormon!! Hopefully we will see him tomorrow!!

During interviews with president yesterday he asked why do you think Flower Mound has progressed so much? And all I can say is that this is the Lord's work he knows who is prepared and we just have to do all we can to be able to follow the promptings of the spirit!! It really is so cool to see how much this area has changed in these 2 months!!

Oh also crazy story we are sleeping every night at a former investigators house this week... sounds like it wouldn't be allowed haha but we got permission. We went to go visit this couple as we were going through the formers and Bob said that his wife had just gotten out of the hospital so keep her in our prayers so we said ok can we do any service for y'all? Anywho a couple days later sister pratt (she's friends with this couple) calls us and asks if we would be willing to stay at their house because Bob was going to be gone all week on business and Carol doesn't feel comfortable being alone after her injury so we got permission and yeah pretty crazy, they stopped investigating the church a year ago, they felt pressured, but he is on the board for Boy Scouts of America and is like bffs with the young mens general presidency and has had lunch with all different apostles through his job and has been to general conference 3x!! Unreal, so we invited Carol to join us as we had comp study in the morning haha and we talk about what we do everyday and hopefully we can start teaching her again that would be awesome!! She is so sweet and making us huge breakfasts every morning!!
My cute little bed I'm sleeping on this week :)
I really love this, President Kimball said: “I find that when I get casual in my relationships with divinity and when it seems that no divine ear is listening and no divine voice is speaking, that I am far, far away. If I immerse myself in the scriptures, the distance narrows and the spirituality returns.”
I absolutely love the scriptures they bring such peace and guidance they really help me receive answers and it's even better when they help those we work with and you can see them change:) There is power when we teach true doctrine. In Alma 31 when Alma is trying to help the apostate Zoramites he says in vs. 5 And now, as the preaching of the word had a great tendency to lead the people to do that which was just—yea, it had had more powerful effect upon the minds of the people than the sword, or anything else, which had happened unto them—therefore Alma thought it was expedient that they should try the virtue of the word of God. That stood out to me so much, the word of God is more powerful than the sword or whatever things there may be in the world. So that is my goal to teach more effectively from the scriptures and teach simply the doctrine of the gospel of Jesus Christ, that is what will help people change their desires and beliefs and help them progress!!!

Ok I love y'all have a great week!!

Hurrah for Israel!!

Sister Wells

No comments:

Post a Comment