Forward - Texas Fort Worth!

Forward - Texas Forth Worth!

Monday, January 19, 2015

I Am So Grateful To Partake of the Sacrament Each Week

Sounds like yall have lots of good stuff going on and lots of good stuff coming up!!!
With Sister V after a temple sealing of members she worked with.

I'm sitting here trying to think about what all happened this week but I can't it just goes by so fast and its just a blur but of goodness!! Last night we went to the mission President fireside and brought one of our la and investigators which was really cool!! It was nice and I saw sister t again:) Church was also very good! I don't know if y'all have already read this months ensign, but one of the articles talks about the sacrament and how it can be the hour that we give to the Savior.
Elder Holland relates a dream Elder Orson F. Whitney had in which he saw the Savior in the Garden of 
Gethsemane. Elder Whitney described the pain and suffering he saw the Savior bear. Then he wrote:
     
“Presently He arose and walked to where [the] Apostles were kneeling fast asleep! He shook them gently, awoke them, and in a tone of tender reproach, untinctured by the least show of anger or scolding, asked them if they could not watch with Him one hour. …

“Returning to His place, He prayed again and then went back and found them again sleeping. Again He awoke them, admonished them, and returned and prayed as before. Three times this happened.”
As I read this, the spirit of revelation entered my mind. In that instant, I realized that the way I could “watch with him one hour" was in the way I approached Sacrament meeting each Sunday. Since then, I have learned that this is an hour in which we can pray to our Heavenly Father in a more meaningful way. Prayer is fundamental at all times, but the spirit present in that hour of the sacrament is an opportunity to elevate ourselves closer to our Heavenly Father and our Savior, Jesus Christ. When we focus our thoughts on the Lord, it is, in a way, accompanying him at the moment of agony He endured when taking upon Himself our sins. It is a time to acknowledge the pain He suffered for us.

I loved that so much I am so grateful to partake of the sacrament each week!!

Elder friends from "the South"
Sister V and I continue to have lots of fun together. She's never had pancakes, I made her some and now she makes them every night haha and she'd never had syrup and she's obsessed so I made her French toast and now she loves that it's hilarious!! She says that I've changed her life!! haha
Love yall have the best week ever!!!
Sister Wells
Sister C and I at our 7 month mark.

No comments:

Post a Comment